I wish I could capture feelings instead of words, instead of memories and photos. The feelings I have when I look at my children are what I hope to never forget. Unfortunately, I will. Feelings from this age will be replaced with new feelings when she heads off to Kindergarten and again when she goes to her first High School dance, and yet again when she gets married (gasp!) and has her own babies. The ability is "feel" seems like one of the best gifts I've been given. Luckily, photos and words do help those feelings come back, if even only for a moment.
Looking at this photo makes me remember how I cried this day. My little girl is growing up, much faster than I'm okay with. She will be heading off to school before I know it. I can hardly stand that thought. While I'm grateful to see her grow and learn, I struggle with knowing she will only be this age for such a short period of time. I hope I'm cherishing it enough.
Looking at this photo makes me remember how it felt to know that my little girl was confident enough to make her own choices, and feel happy about them. Oh how I hope she always feels content with the choices she makes. I hope she always shows her self confidence with a beautiful smile on her face.


No comments:
Post a Comment