SwimAmerica and TumbleAmerica took part in our local Rodeo Parade last year. We made a "float" (pathetic and ill-willed attempt), had little ones from the gym and pool join us, and handed out fliers. Amelia rode on the float with Coach Morgan and waved at everyone the entire time. It was a fun experience, but I can't say we'll be taking on that adventure again. It was simply exhausting.
Waiting for the parade to begin
(Looking at this picture which was taken a year ago makes me realize how much she has changed this year. This has definitely been a period of massive changes:: looks, size, language, knowledge, personality. It truly makes me sick to my stomach to think of how quickly she will grow up. I often wonder why we only get to enjoy the perfect innocence of childhood for such a short lived period of time? Why is adulthood longer than childhood? Why do the days and years go by quicker as I get older? Perhaps it's because I don't "stop and smell the roses" anymore. Perhaps I rush through each day, inundating myself with frivolous "to do" lists? Whatever it is...I need to STOP. I need to enjoy. I need to lie on the grass with my baby girl. I need to walk with her...barefoot in rain puddles. I need to remember how I feel when I sit and reflect, when I look at pictures past, when I remember that I am only given this time with my children for so few precious years. How can I remember the feelings of this moment throughout my everyday life? I'm determined to focus more so on creating memories, creating a life, creating love.) Phew! Where'd that come from :/





No comments:
Post a Comment