9.06.2010

USAG

In August Alyssa and I were able to go to the United States Association of Gymnastics National Congress in Hartford, CT. I had been wanting to go, but once I realized it was being held in Connecticut I just HAD to go. The day we arrived we grabbed our rental car and I dragged Alyssa to my old neighborhood. I remembered all the streets like the back of my hand. I knew exactly where I was at all times. That's not an easy thing to do on the East coast. We also drove to the Long Island Sound, which is always beautiful. I was once again reminded that I was meant to live on the East Coast. I'm absolutely in love with the serene beauty of Connecticut. I just can't believe how at home and comfortable I feel there. Maybe in my next life?
The next 3 days were spent listening to talk after talk on gymnastics hints, tips, must-dos, updates, ideas, etc. We also bought lots of neat equipment for the gym. One night we headed to Newport Rhode Island. Both of our phones died so we tried to get back at 11pm without a map.....not a good idea :)
Patti Komara, and industry leader in gymnastics.
Newport
See what I mean...it's like a scene from a movie...all of New England is this way.

2 comments:

Nicole Lambert said...

What a fun getaway!! I'm jealous1!

Sam and Lacey said...

SO fun!! I went to newport before I met Sam. It was SO beautiful. I would love to go back in a heart beat.